First etwinning project
The aim of the first project we will be involved in is to create reading pleasure through a variety of creative activities.
- To motivate writing and creative activities by widening the audience for pupils creative works
- To extend knowledge of creative use of ICT tools for teachers and pupils.
- To apply peer education at a teacher level, as well as on a pupil level.
- To encourage pupils to become active library supporters and users.
- To cross the cultural bridge with the aid of modern school librarianship.
- To help our pupils realise the European dimension of eTwinning, and increase their knowledge of different European countries and cultures and thus overcome their prejudices and increase tolerance
- Science will be involved because we will be contributing to the project in January which is non-fiction month. This means we can add to the ETwinning project from our studies of science books, which we have already done for the Year 7 topic about space.
ETwinning connects E for Europe and for Electronic with the Twinning of twins! We can share our learning experiences with students in other schools anywhere electronically.